Long Beach City College is proud to offer dual
enrollment to our local high school students, allowing students the opportunity
to complete college coursework while still attending high school.
Dual enrollment provides opportunity for advanced academic or vocational work for high school students capable of advanced work. It is not intended as remedial or make-up work. Students must be currently enrolled in a K-12 school, and may enroll in up to 11 units in each Fall and Spring term, or 5 units in Winter and Summer terms. A GPA of 2.0 or better at LBCC is required to continue as a dual enrollment student. Long Beach City College reserves the right to restrict the enrollment of high school students.
Dual Enrollment Checklist
Steps for New High School Dual Enrollment Students
- Complete the LBCC admissions application online
via Open CCCApply
- Complete the LBCC Orientation and Assessment
, earning a minimum placement into ENGL 105, READ 82, and MATH 110. *Exemptions may apply. Please see below.
- Submit a High School Dual Enrollment Application with all required signatures to the Admissions & Records Office, A-1075 at LAC or GG-102 at PCC
- Complete all requirements by the recommended dates: Summer- May 1, Fall- August 1, Winter- November 1, Spring- January 1
- Enroll in the requested class during Open Registration. See the "Important Dates" link on the Schedule of Classes site for details
- If approved, only your enrollment fees will be waived. You are responsible to the health fee, books and materials fees, parking and College Service Card fees. *Exemptions may apply. Please see below.
Continuing High School Dual Enrollment Students
- Each term, submit a new High School Dual Enrollment Application with all required signatures. A hold is placed on your record that restricts your enrollment for future terms until this form is submitted. If you skip enrollment for both Fall and Spring semester, also complete the LBCC admissions application online.
- Graduating High School Seniors: In the semester before you graduate from high school, notify the Admissions & Records office to continue your studies at LBCC. Once this is noted in your records, complete a new admissions application.
Special Exemptions: Early College Credit Partnership Programs
*Please note that if you are participating in an early college credit partnership program between LBCC and your high school/K12 district, you may be exempt from some of the outlined enrollment requirements and/or certain fees. Please follow the directions from your specific program representative regarding these items. If you are unsure if you are a part of such a program, please send an inquiry to email@example.com.