1. Preliminary Application : Complete the International Student Application. (Form in English, only)
If you are a Transfer student inside the U.S. click here: http://www.lbcc.edu/international/transferring.cfm
2. Application Fee : US$40.00 (Must be submitted with each application)
After submitting your online application, you will receive email with confirmation number. Please use this confirmation number when you make your online payment.
Pay application fee by credit card via secure portal.When submitting your payment, click the submit button ONLY ONCE.If you press the button more than once you will be over charged. If you are not sure if your payment went through the first time, CONTACT OUR OFFICE FIRST BEFORE TRYING AGAIN. A confirmation receipt will be delivered to your email upon processing your payment.
NOW YOU ARE READY TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW TO INTERNATIONAL@LBCC.EDU IN PDF FORM (All original documents must be scanned and emailed in PDF form. Photo PDF images and paper documents will NOT be accepted.)
Required Documents Required Documents Required Document Required Docu
*All Documents Must Include Certified English Translation*
1. English Proficiency: Required for students applying to the Regular program and whose first language is not English.
Applicants to the regular academic college programs must provide proof of English proficiency through one of the following tests or language programs. Please send official transcript or score report from any one of the following (NO OTHER TEST SCORES WILL BE ACCEPTED. TEST SCORE MUST BE WITHIN THE LAST TWO YEARS)
If you fall below the required level/ score, you may apply to the college's intensive English program designed for international students: The American Language and Culture Institute (ALCI).Student can start at ALCI to improve English Skills with no language proficiency requirements.Long Beach City College will issue an I-20 for the ALCI – Language Program. Once you successfully complete and assess out of the ALCI program, you may enter the regular academic college program without taking any of the above tests.
2. Financial Requirement: In compliance with immigration requirements, applicants must be able to show that they have the funds needed to pay their academic and living expenses for the duration of their studies NOTE: Certificate of Deposit (CD), Fixed accounts with maturity dates/Property Value/Business accounts or Credit Cards are not accepted. Funds must be available from a liquid account (Saving/Checking). Please review "Tuition, Fees and Expenses" for minimum financial requirements and a list of estimated expenses (Information in English Only). Also, see "Hints to Help You Prepare Your Financial Documentation ". Proof of financial support must be from original bank statement or letter from a bank officer confirming your sponsor's financial standing. An Affidavit of Sponsor form is required if sponsored by U.S. Citizen or permanent resident family member. The sponsor must be related to the student or the student may be self- sponsor. Students sponsored by their government must provide statement from the agency that is granting the support showing the student’s name, and amount being granted per year. Students sponsored by UA Embassy must provide a financial guarantee.
3. Academic Preparation: To be admitted for study at Long Beach City College, you must be over 18 years of age at the time of enrollment or have earned the equivalent of an American High School diploma if you are under 18 years old.For those under 18 years old, you must provide official high school diploma as evidence of your graduation.School transcript or certificate of class completions are not accepted in lieu of the high school diploma. Medical treatment authorization letter is required from parent(s) until student reaches 18 years of age.
4. Tuberculosis Test (within the last year): Test results from your doctor are required. The results should be printed on hospital letterhead, and must include applicant’s full name, date test given, date test reading, test result in mm, the doctor's signature and official seal. Students should request the Mantoux test; the tine test is not accepted. All students who test positive are required to submit the results of a chest x-ray. The United States does not accept the BCG vaccine. Students who test positive because they have had the BCG vaccine will need to submit the results of a chest x-ray. (Please do NOT mail the x-ray film. Email only the doctor's report.)
5. Personal Essay: ALCI applicants do not need to provide an essay. Please email an essay explaining why you want to study at Long Beach City College and discussing your future goals. If you plan to transfer to a university, you may wish to talk about that in your essay as well. Your essay should be at least one page long, but may be longer.
6. Copy of Passport:Email a copy of the information page from your passport and any dependents that will come to the U.S. with you under an F2 Visa, if applicable. Passport must show the full legal names in English.Per immigration, we will use the same name to issue your I-20.
7.Transferring Students: In addition to the required documents above, you must email copies of your Visa, I-94, current I-20 (page 1 & 3) and LBCC Transfer Eligibility Form completed by you and your current advisor.
Change of Status Students in the U.S.: Email a copy of your passport, visa, and I-94 (front/back).
8. College & University Transcripts: Please bring “official”, transcripts of course taken at other colleges and universities to orientation.Foreign transcripts must be accompanied by certified English translations.A transcript is an official document from your school showing all of your classes and grades received from that particular school.
What happens next?
Upon acceptance to Long Beach City College , your I-20 and other college information will be sent along with your orientation materials. (Orientation is usually scheduled 2 weeks before the start of the semester.) If you are transferring from a school within the U.S.A. and do not have plans to leave the country before beginning the semester, your I-20 will be issued to you after you have registered for classes.
Receiving your documents: If you would like to receive your I-20 and admission documents by express mail, please create an account and pre-pay for shipping at https://study.eshipglobal.com When you are asked to enter a "Student ID #", please enter 99905 and student’s full name where required. We will print out the shipping label and mail out your documents.
We can also ship your documents by regular postal mail at no charge to you. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. There is no tracking number for regular postal mail.
(Note: we can NOT send I-20 package through Express Service purchased outside Eshipglobal)
|Fall (August) Regular College Program Semester
April 1-June 15
|Spring (January) Regular College Program Semester
August 1-October 15
|Spring A (February-April) ALCI Program
August 1-October 15
|Spring B (April-June) ALCI Program
December 1-February 15
|Summer (June-July) ALCI Program
February 1-April 15
|Fall A (August- October) ALCI Program
April 1-June 15
|Fall B (October-December) ALCI Program
June 1-August 15
(Deadlines for Transfer students inside the U.S. click here: http://www.lbcc.edu/international/transferring.cfm )
Health and Insurance: All students are required to purchase the medical health insurance policy provided by the college after they arrive on campus. For additional information about this insurance policy, please visit: https://studentinsuranceusa.com
Housing and Transportation: Students may select either local apartments or a homestay with an American host family. The cost of housing varies with the type and location, and ranges from economical to luxurious. For more information, refer to the Site Navigation left column in the Housing section under Services.
For general questions on the admission process please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at (562) 938-4745. If you have a specific question about your F1 status requiring advice, please ask to speak or schedule an appointment with the international admission advisor directly. You may also visit our web site at http://www.lbcc.edu/international
Long Beach City College, International Students Program, 4901 E. Carson Street (B9), Long Beach, CA90808, USA