Before you enroll in classes, you must show proof of college-sponsored medical insurance.
LBCC utilizes the Student Insurance for our student health insurance. You can visit their site to purchase your insurance online, download a brochure and/or review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
How to Enroll for Health Insurance Online (paper enrollment available in the ISO)
1. Go to the website: www.studentinsuranceusa.com
2. Click on "International Plans" (down the left hand side; in blue)
3. Select a State (California) in the drop-down box
4. Select your School (Long Beach City College) in the drop-down box
5. Click on "Apply Online Now"
6. Create an Account (with username and password)
7. Login and choose the desired coverage (for a semester or for the academic year)
8. Continue to payment, select mode of payment, and pay by credit card
9. Print receipt and bring to International Student Office
How to Use Your Student Insurance
Your Student Insurance is a very good policy. It covers all reasonable and customary expenses related to accidents and illnesses. Following is some advice to help you use your insurance.
- Your insurance will pay any doctor that provides a covered service due to an accident or illness. For the listing of participating doctors, please visit the Student Insurance Website.
- At most locations, it will be very easy to use your insurance. A few doctors or clinics will not accept your insurance because they do not recognize it. You can ask them to telephone the number on your card to verify that they will be paid.