Instructional Movie Clips Repository for LBCC Faculty
What is Intelecom Online?
How Do I Use Intelecom Online?
What Is INTELECOM Online?
The Intelecom Online Resources Network is a tool that will inspire you in your efforts to design a student-centered experience for your LBCC students that leads to learning and success.
Go to the Intelecom Online Resources Network
The INTELECOM Online Resources Network is a fully searchable online database and digital content repository designed to meet the growing demand for rich media in support of online, hybrid and web-enhanced courses.
LBCC instructors of on-campus and distance learning courses are invited to explore the network and identify movie chunks that can function as discussion triggers, follow-up material, or homework resources to engage students in the learning process, raise motivation in learning and contribute to achievement of the course SLOs.
Specifically, Intelecom Online can be used to:
- Expand learner horizons using topic-specific video clips in key academic subject areas
- Create multimedia-rich courses that engage students, accommodate different learning styles, and encourage critical thinking
- Significantly reduce time and costs associated with developing originally media-rich online courses
The INTELECOM Online Resources Network builds on best practices in content development, broadband delivery and search functionality to offer a simple solution for enhancing online courses with digital media.
Award-winning developer of instructional media • Content in core academic disciplines • Rich metadata • ADA-compliant content (508) • Best-in-class broadband technology
Innovative search and browse features • Content sorted by discipline and course • User-friendly site design • Virtual folders for organizing content
Flash technology offering cross-platform convenience • Seamless integration within any CMS / LMS • Access anytime, anywhere • Remote media processing to support local storage
How Do I Use INTELECOM Online at LBCC?
Access the Intelecom Resource Network
Contact us to get the Username and Password. Call the IITS HelpDesk 562-938-4357 and ask for the ITDC, or contact
C.C. Sadler: email@example.com • 562-938-4255 or Wendi Lopez: firstname.lastname@example.org • 562-938-4025.
Browse through the discipline and courses, or search by keyword or clip number to find clips that you can use for your class.
Play the clip. If indeed you want to use the clip in your class, click on the Copy to My Course link
Integrate into your class activities:
- Add the link on your course website along with the activity in which you plan on using it
- Save the link to My Clips, then access it in class to play it on the big screen (you will need to create a separate account for that purpose; follow the instructions)
- Any other methodology you find appropriate for group or individualized activities in your classroom and/or online.