Find, Learn & Connect
Library: Online Resources
Due the COVID-19 outbreak, the libraries at LAC & PCC will be closed until further notice. Please click here to see our list of online resources for students and faculty.
The LBCC Library is committed to providing information resources and services that support the mission of Long Beach City College. The Library values lifelong learning and supports student success by providing equal access to information in electronic, print and non-print formats; offering quality instruction through workshops, orientations and library classes and; fostering relationships with departments and programs to create, curate and provide resources that address the multi-faceted needs of students with diverse learning styles. The Library is a safe place for students of all socioeconomic backgrounds, race, ethnicities, cultural, linguistics, and sexual orientations.
- For research assistance and questions please use our Library Chat Service. If you need more in-depth research assistance, please let us know in the chat and we will set up a Zoom session.
- The Library’s online databases contain hundreds of thousands of articles: https://lbcc.libguides.com/az.php
- E-book Central College Complete - A collection of over one hundred thousand eBooks
- Library FAQs: http://lbcc.libanswers.com/
- Library Online Study Guide – A guide on how to conduct research
- Library Study Guides - A list of all online study guides
- Library Tutorial Videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/LBCCLibrary
- All Library materials currently checked out will not be due until September 8, 2020
Library orientations will take place online via ConferZoom in the instructors’ course Canvas shell. Please reach out to Colin Williams at email@example.com if you have any questions. Faculty can continue to request research orientations by filling out this form.
Electronic Textbooks (eTextbooks)
Many of our reserve textbooks are available online for free via VitalSource partnership with the LBCC bookstore. Publishers have made access to these textbooks free for registered students. Sign up and use VitalSource: https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com/#/user/signin?