Find, Learn & Connect
Library: Online Resources
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the libraries at LAC & PCC will be open online until further notice. Please click here to see our list of online resources for students and faculty.
The LBCC Library is committed to providing information resources and services that support the mission of Long Beach City College. The Library values lifelong learning and supports student success by providing equal access to information in electronic, print and non-print formats; offering quality instruction through workshops, orientations and library classes and; fostering relationships with departments and programs to create, curate and provide resources that address the multi-faceted needs of students with diverse learning styles. The Library is a safe place for students of all socioeconomic backgrounds, race, ethnicity, culture, language and sexual orientation.
- For research assistance and questions please use our Library Chat Service. Available: Monday – Thursday 7 AM – 7 PM. If you need more in-depth research assistance, please let us know in the chat and we will set up a Zoom session.
- The Library’s Online Public Catalog, OneSearch, provides simple, one-stop searching for books and e-books, videos, articles, digital media, and more.
- The Library’s online databases contain hundreds of thousands of articles.
- Several new online databases have been added, including several streaming video databases, the legal database HeinOnline Academic and Taylor & Francis Online – Social Science and Humanities Library.
- E-book Central College Complete - A collection of over one hundred thousand eBooks.
- Library FAQs: Find answers to commonly asked questions.
- How to Conduct Library Research - A guide on how to conduct research.
- Library Study Guides - A list of all online study guides.
- Library Tutorial Videos - Video tutorials about library services and how to use them.
- The LBCC Library is suspending interlibrary loans of physical materials during the crisis. However, Interlibrary Loan will continue to fill requests that can be fulfilled with digital resources.
- All Library materials currently checked out will not be due until September 8, 2020
Library orientations will take place online via ConferZoom in the instructors’ course Canvas shell. Please reach out to Colin Williams at email@example.com if you have any questions. Faculty can continue to request research orientations by filling out this form.