Find, Learn & Connect
Library: Winter Hours & Online Resources
Due to COVID-19, the physical libraries at LAC & PCC will have limited services and hours for the Winter Semester. Online Winter Library Hours: Mon –Thur 10 AM – 6 PM, Click here for more details.
The LBCC Library is committed to providing information resources and services that support the mission of Long Beach City College. The Library values lifelong learning and supports student success by providing equal access to information in electronic, print, and non-print formats; offering quality instruction through workshops, orientations, and library classes and; fostering relationships with departments and programs to create, curate, and provide resources that address the multi-faceted needs of students with diverse learning styles. The Library is a safe place for students of all socioeconomic backgrounds, race, ethnicity, culture, language and sexual orientation.
Course Reserve Textbook(s) & General Collection Books
Online Library Hours
Mon –Thur 10 AM – 6 PM
Faculty and Students can check out Library Reserve Textbooks for seven (7) days and General Collection Books for thirty (30) days.
LAC in-person schedule:
- Monday – Thursday 3:00pm – 6:00pm
PCC in-person schedule
Student Online Services
- For research assistance and questions please use our Library Chat Service. Available: Monday – Thursday 10 AM – 6 PM. If you need more in-depth research assistance, please let us know in the chat and we will set up a Zoom session.
- The Library’s Online Public Catalog, OneSearch, provides simple, one-stop searching for books and e-books, videos, articles, digital media, and more.
- The Library’s online databases contain hundreds of thousands of articles.
- E-book Central College Complete - A collection of over one hundred thousand eBooks.
- Library FAQs: Find answers to commonly asked questions.
- How to Conduct Library Research - A guide on how to conduct research.
- Library Study Guides - A list of all online study guides.
- Library Tutorial Videos - Video tutorials about library services and how to use them.
- Interlibrary Loan will continue to fill requests that can be fulfilled with digital resources.
- Library orientations will take place online via ConferZoom in the instructors’ course Canvas shell. Please reach out to Colin Williams at email@example.com if you have any questions. Faculty can continue to request research orientations by filling out this form.
- Are you a faculty member interested in creating educational resources for your students? Faculty who are interested in locating, adopting or creating OER (Open Educational Resources) should visit the OER Resources page.