DSPS: Core Services
- Specialized counseling services – Academic, career and disability management counseling services with staff who understand the educational limitations presented by a disability.
- Learning disabilities assessment – Diagnostic assessment services for the presence of a specific learning disability using the eligibility model of the California Community Colleges.
- Registration assistance – Assistance for students who have difficulty navigating the online, telephone or in-person registration system.
- Financial Aid liaison – Information and liaison assistance for students needing help accessing information or completing financial aid requirements.
- Referrals to resources on and off campus – A wealth of campus and community resources are available to support students in their pursuit of their educational, vocational and personal goals.
- Assistive computer technology – Access and training in the use of assistive computer technology. Students can learn how to access print in alternate formats and gain greater independence and access to computer technology.
- Sign language interpreters – Sign language interpreters, real-time captioning, and other services for students who are deaf or hard of hearing are available to eligible students.
- Test-taking assistance – Alternative test-taking services may include extra-time, materials in alternate formats, use of readers/scribes, or other appropriate forms of assistance