Have you ever thought about a career in business? Maybe working in social media marketing, management, accounting, law? How about management or international business, maybe even starting your own business? Maybe you want to be a business major but you don’t know where to start? General Business is a great way to earn your Associate Degree while also learning about the theories and applications of being a Business major.
Careers in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing and More!
- Learn the fundamentals of all necessary business functions at LBCC while earning an Associate Degree.
- Start your career as an accounting professional, small business owner, social media marketer and more.
- You could earn multiple Education and Industry Certificates while earning your Associate Degree.
To view the thousands of potential jobs in this field of study, we strongly urge you to visit:
Degrees & Certificates
Associate in Arts (AA), Business: General Business
Certificate of Achievement (ACH), Business: General Business
Certificate of Accomplishment (ACC), Business: Foundations of Business
Certificate of Accomplishment (ACC), Business: Foundations of International Business
Certificate of Accomplishment (ACC), Business: Foundations of Entrepreneurship
Certificate of Accomplishment (ACC), Business: Personal Financial Planning
Certificate of Accomplishment (ACC), Business: Social Media Application Development
|Apply for a Degree or Certificate||Class Schedule||Make an Appointment|
View courses offered in different semesters to assist in academic planning.
Principles of Accounting
Introduction to Accounting
What is the difference between a transfer degree (AA-T/AS-T) and a traditional AA/AS degree?
- The traditional AA-Business degree has been designed for those who are in pursuit of an Associate degree with a stronger and more immediate career focus, such as securing a job opportunity or a job promotion. Since most of the courses on this degree are transferable to a baccalaureate granting institution, you will still have the opportunity to complete your Bachelor’s degree when the time is more appropriate. This degree offers 5 distinct career paths – accounting, general business, international business, management, and marketing.
- The CSU transfer degree has been developed as a fast-track degree for transfer into the CSU system. The course requirements for the transfer degree have been developed as a collaborative effort by Community College and CSU faculty and this degree will help you to create a clear path from LBCC to a CSU campus, once you have met the stated requirements, which can be found in the Curriculum Guide section. We offer both an AS-T in Business Administration and an AA-T in Economics.
Why should I pursue a Business degree?
According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers’ Job Outlook Report, over 72 percent of all businesses in the country intend to hire employees with a business degree.
There seem to be so many types of Business degrees. Which one should I choose?
You will notice that there are a few courses that every degree requires because they give a strong foundation to whichever career path that you might choose. As you complete these courses you will become much more in tune with an area that you would like to pursue. The most important of these courses are GBUS 5 - Introduction to Business because this is where you will get a birds-eye-view of the business environment.
I hear that people in Business make a lot of money. Is that true?
Maybe…..maybe not. This is the most important point to understand as you focus on your early college career. Nothing is guaranteed. The most important thing you can do now is put the odds in your favor and never lose sight of your goals.
Is the Business faculty any good?
You bet they are! Come and see for yourself.