Have you ever thought about a career in business? Maybe working in social media marketing, management, accounting, law? How about management or international business, maybe even starting your own business? Maybe you want be a business major but you don’t know where to start? General Business is a great way to earn your Associate Degree while also learning about the theories and applications of being a Business major.
Careers in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing and More:
- Learn the fundamentals of all necessary business functions at LBCC while earning an Associate Degree
- Start your career as an accountant, small business owner, social media marketer and more!
- You could earn multiple Education and Industry Certificates while earning your Associates Degree
Degrees & Certificates
Associate in arts Degree (AA), General Business
The Associate Degree in Business Administration, General Business consists of the prescribed GE requirements, as well as the required general business coursework. Students earning this Associate Degree may be prepared to 1) transfer to a baccalaureate degree granting institution in the field of their concentration and/or 2) enter into the workforce at an entry-level position relating to their field of emphasis.
Program Student Learning Outcomes:
- Ensure that 85% of all courses meet or exceed their outcome/assessment goals and develop appropriate action plans for continuous improvement.
- Develop strategies throughout all concentrations/courses to enhance the development of our students’ critical-thinking skills: their ability to reason, ask appropriate questions and make strong decision.
- Develop assignments and/or exercises to enhance students’ verbal and non-verbal skills: their ability to reflect, write, speak and respond in a personal and professional manner.
- Improve the level of student success and student retention as well as increase the number of degrees and certificates.
- develop a strong working relationship with local businesses through the formation of an Industry Council for the purpose of advisement and collaboration in order to ensure that our course offerings are providing our students with the strongest preparation for entering the workforce. Additionally, it would be our goal for this Council to develop strong feelings for LBCC students and to evolve these feelings into actual job opportunities.
Certificate of Achievement, General Business
The Certificate of Achievement in General Business will prepare a student for advancement into business school at a baccalaureate-degree granting institution and/or for an entry-level position in a variety of functional areas in a small/medium-sized business.
Certificate of Accomplishment, Foundations of Business
The Certificate of Accomplishment in Business: Foundations of Business will prepare a student to continue toward the attainment of a Certificate of Achievement: General Business, an Associate Degree and/or for an entry-level position in a variety of functional areas in a small/medium-sized business.
Certificate of Accomplishment, Foundations of International Business
The Certificate of Accomplishment in Business: Foundations of International Business may prepare a student to continue toward the attainment of an Associate Degree and/or for an entry-level position in a small/medium-sized business involved in international trade and logistics.
Certificate of Accomplishment, Foundations of Entrepreneurship
The Foundations of Entrepreneurship Certificate of Accomplishment is designed to provide students with an understanding of the entrepreneurial elements of starting a small business, with an eventual focus on the traditional management skills necessary to extend the life of the startup business. Major emphasis is placed on the development of a coherent business model. Upon completion of this Certificate, a student will have the skills to plan and control financial resources, communicate with and lead people in the organization, plan and control informational and technological resources and, finally, unite these skills into the development of a strategic business model/business plan that will be designed for success.
Certificate of Accomplishment, Personal Financial Planning
The Personal Financial Planning Certificate of Accomplishment will prepare students to learn the concepts of personal financial planning that can be furthered developed into a career in finance. Students will evaluate various investment products and strategies appropriate for achieving financial goals at different life stages; evaluate the effects of changes in income, deductions, and filing status on an individual’s tax liability; and will be able to design and create electronic spreadsheets. Upon completion of this Certificate, a student will have the skills to plan and control financial resources, communicate the most current laws, regulations and forms for tax planning purposes and, finally, unite these skills by creating electronic spreadsheets.
Certificate of Accomplishment, Social Media Application Development
The Social Media Application Development Certificate of Accomplishment will prepare students to develop a social media application that can be further developed into a business. Students will understand basic business concepts and theories; learn the different uses of digital and social media, and will be able to design and develop an app. This certificate will give students a complete understanding of Social and Digital Media application development, in order to compete for entry-level jobs. Upon completion of this Certificate, a student will have the skills to plan and control business resources, communicate with and lead people in the organization on the functions of different social media platforms, plan and control informational and technological resources and, finally, unite these skills into the development of social media applications for an organization to compete in the New Economy.