EOPS Application Procedure
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
1. Complete the LBCC Application for Admission
Online at: www.lbcc.edu
Receive an LBCC Student ID number
2. Apply for Financial Aid
- Complete the free online application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) *
- Or if you are a Dream Act student, complete the free online California Dream Application or complete the Board of Governors Fee Waiver.
* In order to be eligible to receive maximum EOPS services, students will need to complete the FAFSA or California Dream Application.
3. Take the Assessment test
Go to http://matric.lbcc.edu/signup.cfm or call the Assessment and Orientation Office at (562) 938-4670 Liberal Arts Campus / (562) 938-3920 Pacific Coast Campus to find out about the Assessment and Orientation schedule and how to sign up.
4. Complete the EOPS Application
Once Financial Aid has determined you are income eligible you will be invited to apply. A student will be considered for EOPS if the following criteria are met:
- Be a California resident
- Have completed less than 55 or fewer units (remedial coursework not included)
- Enrolled in 12 units (limited exemptions), waitlisted course units are not included
- Deemed educationally disadvantaged (determined by factors on the EOPS application such as being a first generation college student)
- Once eligible for EOPS, you will be invited to attend an EOPS New Student Orientation