Fall 2021 Registration Info
Enrollment in classes without a permission number or through the waitlist will continue through September 3 for most 16-week, full-semester classes. Please refer to the below steps for waitlisting a class or adding a class during the first 2 weeks of the semester. Depending on the length of your class, there will be different steps.
For Most 16-Week, Full Semester Classes (Excluding PLUS classes)
From August 31 – September 3, 2021
- Open Classes: If a class has seats available, you will be able to enroll yourself in the class even if it has already started. No permission number is needed.
- Waitlisted Classes: Waitlists will run until September 3 at 11:00 pm. If you are not enrolled by that time, contact your instructor for a permission number.
From September 4 – September 12, 2021
- Permission Numbers Required: Contact your instructor for a permission number to enroll in a class.
All Other Classes (Less than 16 weeks and all Math, English, and Statistics PLUS classes)
- Permission Numbers Required: After the start of the session, a permission number is required to add a class, even if it is listed as OPEN. You will need to email/contact the instructor and request a permission number to add the class if possible.
- Waitlists will stop running the day before the start of the session (typically Sunday at 11:00 pm). Instructors still have access to the waitlist, so if you are still interested in adding the class, please email/contact the instructor to try to obtain a permission number to add the class if possible.
Dropping a Class Between August 30 – September 12, 2021
- Dropping a class within a deadline can be completed on your own in your Viking Student Portal. No instructor approval is required.