Instructions on how to register and complete the workshop
If you received a letter indicating you are on Financial Aid Warning, you are in danger of losing your financial aid for not meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy. Students on Financial Aid Warning must complete a financial aid warning workshop called “GetSAP”, to understand what Satisfactory Academic Progress is and how it affects your financial aid. Students on Financial Aid Warning status can continue to receive one additional semester of financial aid, but must meet the SAP requirements to not lose continued eligibility to receive financial aid.
To complete the Financial Aid Warning workshops, please follow the instructions below:
- Click on GetSAP Workshop or copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://longbeachcc.get-counseling.com.
- Log in with your Student ID and Password.
- Once in the Counseling Center, click on the Sessions link at the top.
- Complete the session entitled, The Essentials to Understanding Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and What it Means to You. The session should take 20-30 minutes.
- Complete the session entitled, The Key Components to the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Financial Aid Appeal Process. The session should take 20-30 minutes.
No further action is required after completing the workshops and the Financial Aid Office will be notified automatically. You can go back and re-review either workshop at any time as well.