2022 LBCC Hall of Fame Celebration – Nominations are Open!
Deadline has been extended to Saturday, March 26th at 5 pm!
We are excited to announce the call for nominations for the 2022 LBCC Hall of Fame Recognition Awards. These annual awards recognize outstanding contributions to the Viking Community by LBCC Alumni and the Long Beach Community overall. Honorees will be presented at the Hall of Fame Celebration on Thursday, September 22, 2022, at The Grand in Long Beach.
This year, we are thrilled to announce the Community Spirit Organization Award and Campus Friend Award that recognizes outstanding Long Beach City College contributions. We encourage you to nominate deserving departments, organizations and groups, and colleagues for these and other applicable awards.
Hall of Fame Recognition Awards are presented annually in the following categories:
- Hall of Fame Award (up to four honorees)
The Hall of Fame Award honors Long Beach City College alumni who have utilized their educations to become outstanding leaders in personal, professional and community endeavors.
Potential candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must have completed 12 academic units at LBCC.
- Ten years must have elapsed since candidates attended LBCC.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of achievement in their chosen career, service to the community, or area of endeavor.
- Community Spirit Organization Award (new in 2022)
- The Community Spirit Award is given to an LBCC or Long Beach Community organization in recognition of outstanding contributions to Long Beach City College.
- Distinguished Valor Award (new in 2022)
- The Distinguished Valor Award honors a non-alumnus/alumna individual in recognition of outstanding contributions to Long Beach City College.
- Campus friend Award (new in 2022)
- The Campus Friend Award honors an individual LBCC faculty or staff member in recognition of outstanding contributions to Long Beach City College.
We encourage the entire LBCC community to submit nominations and join us at the LBCC Hall of Fame Celebration on September 22, 2022. Nominations must be submitted online at https://bit.ly/3nguX4Y by 5:00 p.m. PDT on Friday, March 18, 2022. Submissions received after the deadline may not be considered.
Please direct questions regarding the nomination process to Sarah Carrasco, Manager of Marketing and Development, at (562) 938-4084 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the LBCC Alumni Association, we thank you for helping us honor LBCC’s outstanding supporters!
Special Update: The Deadline for Nominations has been extended to Saturday, March 26th!
Due to several requests, the deadline to nominate an individual or organization for an award at the 2022 LBCC Hall of Fame Ceremony has been extended. Be sure to make your submission by Saturday, March 25 at 5 PM for consideration. Go Vikings!