Board Leadership Program
Apply for the Board Leadership Program by June 30, 2023!
This Board Leadership Program is aimed at professionals early in their careers in the Long Beach Community College District who are interested in gaining experience as a board member and learning about the various aspects of proactive board governance. This program provides financial resources which remove financial barriers to joining the Board of Governors and taking part in Long Beach City College Foundation events. The Board Leadership Program will provide applicants access to the invaluable network of Long Beach community leaders and mentorship through a current board member. The financial resources and provided mentorship will contribute to the development of skills on how to drive strategic direction and contribute to the Board of Governors and other advisory and management boards with similar governance models.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must be a professional early in their career
- Interest in serving and positively impacting the Long Beach City College community
- Willing to learn about the Long Beach City College Foundation and its philanthropic mission
- First time serving on a board
- Attendance for monthly 1.5-hour meetings
- Attendance for quarterly meetings with assigned board member mentor
- Commitment and service for a 2-year term
- Service on a minimum of 1 committee every year
- Applications Open May 30, 2023.
- Applications Close June 30, 2023.
- Application Review will take place during July 2023.
- Selection and Notification August 2023
The deadline to apply is June 30, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact Letty Totah at email@example.com.