Browning HS Culinary Pathway
The Browning High School/Long Beach City College Early College Culinary Pathway gives students a jumpstart to college and lays out the pathway to Culinary Arts and Hospitality careers.
The goal of the partnership is to provide a transformational educational experience for Browning High School students – along with specialized support at no cost to the student – preparing them for future college and career opportunities all the while earning both a high school diploma and potentially an Associate degree.
Designed for students to earn high school and college credit for classes in the Culinary Arts and Hospitality pathways.
Courses are academically rigorous and provide college readiness skills to students.
In addition, courses count towards the following:
- High School A-G requirements
- LBCC Associate Degree requirements
- CSU/UC general education, transfer and major requirements
Courses are offered at Browning High School, both Long Beach City College campuses (Liberal Arts and Pacific Coast), and online. Best of all, courses are aligned to current industry standards to help ensure a place in the workforce.
Benefits of Early College Enrollment
- Students save money on tuition
- Save time by earning high school credit and LBCC units, at the same time
- Earn an Associate degree in Hospitality, before graduating high school
Steps to Apply
STEP 1: Complete Admissions Application
- Review the LBCC Admissions Application Handout
- Create a CCC Apply Account by clicking “Create an Account”. Your CCC APPLY ID will be comprised of letters and numbers (LBC1234) and sent to you by email after creating your account.
- Log into the [LBCC Application] with your CCC Apply login information and complete a campus application.
- Your LBCC VIKING ID is a seven-digit number (1234567) and will be sent within 24-48 hours, via email, after completing an application.
STEP 2: Email and Submit the LBCC Dual Enrollment Form and upload it.
- Submit dual enrollment form with all required Student, Parent/Guardian and HS Counselor signature
- Be sure to download the dual enrollment form and “SAVE AS” under a different name. Sometimes, the forms can upload blank.