Establish long-term planning priorities for the college
- At six-year intervals, conduct and oversee the process of updating the Strategic Plan and Mission Statement.
- Design and oversee a process to monitor the goals of the Strategic Plan.
Establish yearly planning priorities for the college.
- Review internal and external data, state and federal initiatives, and planning committee documents from within the college community to make recommendations for yearly institutional priorities based on this input.
- Review and respond to the stated goals of the Board of Trustees and the Superintendent/President when formulating the priorities and planning activities of the college.
- Present annually to the Budget Advisory Committee institutional priorities and the ranked lists of augmentation requests developed through prioritization of the Vice Presidents’ area goals and resource requests.
- Present annually to the Board of Trustees the institutional priorities and publish institutional priorities college-wide on the CPC website.
- At the beginning of the academic year, each vice-president on the committee would be paired as co-chairs with a member of the Academic Senate Executive Committee to work on VP Plans and matters or projects selected by the overall planning body including, but not limited to, the development of VP Plans.
Establish charges and memberships for college planning committees
Oversee a task force structure for the accomplishment of specific planning tasks or input
- Establish task forces to address specific college projects and needs, including the determination of written charges and general composition of the task forces and determine when appropriate, if a task force should be recommended as a standing committee.
- Monitor and review the work of task forces through status reports from the task force leaders.
- Where appropriate, monitor the implementation of task force recommendations.
Meet annually with the Budget Advisory Committee to align district budget with college planning