Committee functions & responsibilities
Establish long-term planning priorities for the college
- At six-year intervals, conduct and oversee the process of updating the Strategic Plan and Mission Statement.
- Design and oversee a process to monitor the goals of the Strategic Plan.
Establish yearly planning priorities for the college.
- Review internal and external data, state and federal initiatives, and planning committee documents from within the college community to make recommendations for yearly institutional priorities based on this input.
- Review and respond to the stated goals of the Board of Trustees and the Superintendent/President when formulating the priorities and planning activities of the college.
- Present annually to the Budget Advisory Committee institutional priorities and the ranked lists of augmentation requests developed through prioritization of the Vice Presidents’ area goals and resource requests.
- Present annually to the Board of Trustees the institutional priorities and publish institutional priorities college-wide on the CPC website.
- At the beginning of the academic year, each vice-president on the committee would be paired as co-chairs with a member of the Academic Senate Executive Committee to work on VP Plans and matters or projects selected by the overall planning body including, but not limited to, the development of VP Plans.
Establish charges and memberships for college planning committees
Oversee a task force structure for the accomplishment of specific planning tasks or input
- Establish task forces to address specific college projects and needs, including the determination of written charges and general composition of the task forces and determine when appropriate, if a task force should be recommended as a standing committee.
- Monitor and review the work of task forces through status reports from the task force leaders.
- Where appropriate, monitor the implementation of task force recommendations.
Meet annually with the Budget Advisory Committee to align district budget with college planning
Subcommittees and Task Forces
Budget Advisory Committee
The Budget Advisory Committee is a standing committee created by the College Planning Committee. The committee represents the breadth of the college community, coordinates planning and budgeting processes through the following charge from the Superintendent/President and the Board of Trustees.
Data Use Committee
Provides leadership and guidance for LBCC and its stakeholders to effectively use data/research to improve performance and student success. Assist in the development of criteria to prioritize internal and external requests to conduct research using LBCC student data, students, faculty or staff, and practices to protect LBCC research participants. Monitor the utility of targets as performance data is reported annually, recommend modifications to targets and/or measurable objectives as the Strategic Plan reporting evolves. Identify and document ownership and stewardship of LBCC data sources.
Enrollment Management Oversight Committee
Develop a new Enrollment Management and Retention Action Plan including yearly Enrollment Management and Retention Assumptions and goals.
Facilities Advisory Committee
The Facilities Advisory Committee is a standing committee created by the College Planning Committee for the purpose of reviewing the current state of facilities work and needs.
Faculty and Staff Diversity Committee
The purpose/goal of the Faculty and Staff Diversity Committee is to ensure every aspect of personnel policy and practice advances the realization of inclusion through a continuing program of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The District’s Faculty and Staff Diversity Committee serves in an advisory role regarding the development and implementation of the District’s EEO Plan as well as staff equity initiatives.
Grants Development Advisory Committee
The Grants Development Advisory Committee supports the alignment of grant funding with the college’s mission, strategic planning goals, and resource needs.
Information Technology Advisory Committee
The Information Technology Advisory Committee is a participatory governance body that acts as the central coordinating body to assist IITS in the efficient and effective development, implementation, and support of technology systems to enhance instructional delivery, student learning, and all associated district/college support systems enabling departments and programs to perform their missions and achieve their strategic objectives.
Educational Technology Advisory Subcommittee
ETAS is a standing subcommittee of ITAC that acts as the central coordinating body to assist the offices of Instructional Technology and Academic Computing Services/Multimedia in the efficient and effective development, implementation, and support of technology systems specific to the classroom, lab, and learning environments.
Online Education Committee
The Online Education Committee (OEC) is a participatory governance body that acts as the central coordinating body to assist The College by working closely with The Office of Online Learning & Educational Technology (OLET) in the efficient and effective development, implementation, and support of Online Education Initiatives that enhance engagement and success of faculty, and of students, specific to Online and hybrid courses.
Strategic Plan Oversight Taskforce
The Strategic Plan Oversight Task Force will oversee the development of the 2016-2022 Strategic Plan, in accordance with the timeline approved by the College Planning Committee.
Student Success Committee
The Student Success Committee provides leadership, coordination, and documentation of the college’s student success agenda based on institutional goals and goals included in college plans that address different aspects of student success.
Adult Education (Noncredit) Subcommittee
The Adult Education Subcommittee provides leadership, coordination, and support for the college’s adult education agenda, noncredit instruction, and implementation of the annual Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG) plan.
Student Equity Subcommittee
The purpose/goal of the Student Equity Subcommittee is to ensure that groups historically underrepresented in higher education have an equal opportunity for access and success. The Student Equity Subcommittee provides recommendations to the Student Success Committee regarding goals, strategies, actions, and outcomes designed to ensure student equity for students who are disproportionately impacted because of, but are not limited to, race, ethnicity, age, disability, foster youth status, veteran status, and/or low-income status.