Committee Functions & Responsibilities
The Student Equity Subcommittee is part of the Student Success Committee that provides on-going support of the District’s student equity efforts. These efforts include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborating with campus constituents.
- Initiating research regarding the academic access and success of disproportionately impacted groups.
- Collecting input from students, classified staff, faculty, administrators, and the public in order to identify factors that affect student equity.
- Identifying District strengths and weaknesses regarding student equity.
- Informing campus constituents of the research findings.
The Student Equity Subcommittee is also responsible for coordinating and monitoring the implementation of LBCC’s Student Equity Plan. These efforts include, but are not limited to,
- Overseeing the student equity project review process.
- Identifying opportunities for integration across activities of the Student Equity Plan to support the efficient and effective use of resources.
- Generating, disseminating and presenting reports on student equity activities.