Rules & regulations for the ceremony
Students should plan to check-in from 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm with the ceremony starting promptly at 4:00 pm. When you arrive, please visit the Check-In Booth, located at the baseball field across from Veterans Stadium.
Early arrival highly recommended. Check in no later than 3:30 pm.
At check-in for Commencement, you will be given a graduate name card to fill out that will be used to announce your name during the ceremony. If your name is difficult to pronounce, write it phonetically. For example, if your last name is Fylpaa, write on your name card “FILL-PAW.” Please print neatly. Provide email, phone number, and address if you are interested in viewing or purchasing graduation photographs.
- During Commencement, all graduates must be in cap and gown. Only the following can be worn in addition: Honor Society/Cultural pins/medals, ASB Cabinet, Viking Award, Pacific Coast Crystal, Senate Star, or approved program pins, flower leis, academic/cultural stoles. Pins should be worn on your left lapel. Because of the wind at Veterans Stadium, it’s recommended to pin your cap on with bobby pins.
- No high heels or purses. Graduates wearing inappropriate attire or displaying anything other than what is listed above will be asked to remove the inappropriate item(s). If the student refuses, they will be escorted out of the stadium.
- Caps are allowed to be decorated. Inappropriate language or images should not be used on caps.
- Participants must wear traditional academic regalia. Only cordons or other insignias that represent an academic achievement or academic honor may be worn on the standard attire.
Graduates can donate their gowns immediately after the ceremony, where they will be given to future graduating LBCC students who are in need of a gown.
Professional Commencement Ceremony photos will be available for purchase through Grad Images on June 15 at Grad Images. Information on ordering will be placed in your diploma cases. If you have questions you can contact Grad Images directly.
A photo area will be available for Grads and their families to take pictures after the ceremony. The LBCC mascot, Ole the Viking will be available for photos with graduates.
Flower bouquets will be on sale by Alpha Gamma Sigma (AGS) and PNK before and after the graduation ceremony near the Veterans Stadium main entrance. All authorized vendors will be located inside the stadium. We encourage graduates and their guests to purchase only from those authorized vendors.
- Graduates wearing inappropriate attire or displaying anything other than what is approved will be asked to remove the inappropriate item(s). If the student refuses, they will be escorted out of the stadium.
- Due to the close proximity to the Long Beach Airport BALLOONS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN VETERANS STADIUM. Guests will be asked to keep balloons in their cars.
- Following the ceremony, you must return your hood to the tables located in Parking Lot M.
- Because of the wind at Veterans Stadium, it is recommended that you bring bobby pins to help keep your cap on.
The following guidelines will help ensure that graduation is a rewarding and memorable experience for graduates and guests. These items are not allowed at Veterans Stadium. Please inform your guests.
- Balloons – Due to the proximity to the Long Beach Airport, no balloons are allowed in the stadium. Guests with balloons will be asked to leave them before they enter the stadium.
- Air horns or noisemakers
- Fireworks, including poppers
- Skates, skateboards, scooters
Additionally, these items are prohibited on the field:
- No high-heeled shoes, only wedges are permitted.
- Chewing gum
- Food or drink (Water only)
- Tape of any kind