Commercial Truck Driver Training (CDL)
Prepare for a career as a short haul truck driver
The Commercial Truck Driver Training Program is a 12-week program that prepares students for a career as a port-container freight hauler and includes assisting graduates with placement within our Harbor Trucking Association network of local drayage companies. It is a combination of both classroom learning and behind the wheel training.
Currently, the job placement rate for successful graduates is over 70%. Priority consideration is given to US Veterans and their spouses. Orientation sessions for those interested in the program last approximately 2 hours and are mandatory for all applicants.
- Be at least 23 years old.
- Must pass the intake assessment and interview.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must hold a current, valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to present a clean 10-year driving history report (H6).
- Must be physically able to attain a CDL (49CFR 391.41).
- Must be able to pass a security background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol test (Priority consideration given to U.S. Veterans)
- Official DMV 10-year driving history report (H6).
- Valid Driver’s License and Social Security Card.
- Current resume.
- DD214 (only for Veterans).
|Thursday, Sept. 6||10:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Monday, Sept. 10||2:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday, Sept. 12||2:00 pm – 4:00 pm|
|Monday, Sept. 17||2:00 pm – 4:00 pm|