Los Angeles County and City of Long Beach
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors and the Department of Public Health has declared a local and public health emergency. In addition, the City of Long Beach also declared a local health and city emergency. Both the County and the City stated that they are aggressively preparing and monitoring to help prevent Coronavirus cases from occurring.
These declarations are not meant to put people in a panic, but to raise awareness. These efforts are to ensure that institutions like the County, the City and LBCC have the necessary equipment and resources in place if, and only if, the threat of COVID-19 escalates.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Los Angeles County Health Department - http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
- City of Long Beach Health Department - http://www.longbeach.gov/health/diseases-and-condition/information-on/coronavirus/
- CDC, Stigma & Resources - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/related-stigma.html
- California Chancellor’s Office Student FAQs - https://www.cccco.edu/About-Us/Chancellors-Office/Divisions/Communications-and-Marketing/Novel-Coronavirus/students
- City of Long Beach COVID-19 Press Release (April 3, 2020) - http://www.longbeach.gov/press-releases/city-of-long-beach-prepares-for-influx-of–individuals-seeking-medical-care
- City of Long Beach COVID-19 Testing - http://www.longbeach.gov/health/diseases-and-condition/information-on/coronavirus/covid-19-testing
- One Degree COVID-19 Resource Guide - https://about.1degree.org/covid-19-la-en