Early College Pathways Partnership
The Early College Pathways Partnership dual enrollment program is for 11-12 grade students from the districts below desiring to enroll at LBCC as part of a coordinated program. ECPP students participate in specially-selected courses designed to help students obtain a career technical education certificate, free of tuition and textbook fees. This includes ECPP-LBUSD Cloud Computing Pathway.
Currently, LBCC is partnered with these high school districts: Long Beach Unified, Learn4Life, Lynwood Unified.
- Must be an 11-12 grade student at Long Beach Unified, Learn4Life, or Lynwood Unified
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.0
- An active LBCC Viking ID (if the student has not attended LBCC for more than 1 semester, they must re-apply)
- Consent from Middle/High School Administrator (their signature is required when completing the and when submitting it to ECPP Application)
- Students may register in a maximum of 11 units in the Fall and Spring 5 units for Summer
- College Service card fees apply.
- Parents or guardians will not have access to a student’s records (including grades and transcripts) without the student’s written consent, the student’s minor status notwithstanding. For more information, please view our FERPA page.
LBUSD Cloud Computing
Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources over the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing.
Instead of buying, owning, and maintaining physical data centers and servers, you can access technology services, such as computing power, storage, and databases, on an as-needed basis from a cloud provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The Cloud Computing pathway prepares students to establish virtual private networks, managing databases, and storage within a secure online environment.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
Industry certifications are embedded to prepare students for occupations in:
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Support Associate
- Cloud Engineer or Cloud Technicians
- Participate in LBCC classes from grades 10 – 12.
- Receive the LBCC Certificate of Achievement, for free!
- Prepare for the cost-free AWS Certificate Exam
Who Can Apply?
Current LBUSD HS 10th grade students, only.
Students must be willing to commit to:
- Registering for 1 LBCC Cloud Computing Certificate course, each Fall & Spring term.
- Participate from the Spring term of 10th grade until the Spring term of 12th grade.
|Spring 2021||COSN 10: Networking Fundamentals||Grade 10|
|COSN 250: Cloud Computing in Amazon Web Services
COSN 251: Database Essentials in Amazon Web Services
|COSN 252: App Development in Amazon Web Services
COSN 253: Security in Amazon Web Services
Steps to Apply
Step 1: Complete Admissions Application
- Review LBCC Admissions Application Handout
- Create a CCC Apply Account by clicking “Create an Account”. Your CCC APPLY ID will be comprised of letters and numbers (LBC1234) and sent to you by email after creating your account.
- Log into the [LBCC Application] with your CCC Apply login information and complete a campus application.
- Your LBCC VIKING ID is a seven-digit number (1234567) and will be sent within 24-48 hours, via email, after completing an application.
Step 2: Email and Submit LBCC Dual Enrollment Form and upload it.
- Submit dual enrollment form with all required Student, Parent/Guardian, and HS Counselor signature
- Be sure to download the dual enrollment form and “SAVE AS” under a different name. Sometimes, the forms can upload blank.
- Apply for Admissions - Required for First-Time Students only.
- Submit the ECPP Application & Dual Enrollment Form - For more information, please contact Admissions & Records.
- Verify the LBCC class schedule via the Viking Student System
- Attend the ECPP Orientation – Dates will be emailed.
- Setup Viking Portal - Required for First-Time Students only.
- Pay for Material Fees
- Pick Up Your Books – Pickup dates will be emailed.