EXTENDED – LBCC Grants
In light of the College’s efforts to prepare for online instruction, The Long Beach City College Foundation is extending the deadline for staff, faculty, and administrator grant applications to:
Friday, March 20, 2020
The Foundation Grant Program provides financial support to faculty and staff for programs that support students. The Foundation awards grants, each up to $1,000, annually to support projects based on need, impact and innovation. Special consideration is given to projects that include matching funds.
To apply for a Foundation grant, please download and submit the following documents:
If you have any questions, please contact Lois Schneider in the Foundation Office.
Who is eligible to apply for a Foundation grant?
Any Long Beach City College faculty member, staff member, or administrator may apply. If a grant was received the previous year, an evaluation of that project must be submitted with the current application in order for a current submission to be considered. In order to assist as many areas of the college as possible, multiple submissions from one department/area are discouraged. A collaborative project within each department/area is encouraged. Associated Student Body campus clubs are not eligible for Foundation grants and are encouraged to apply for grants provided by the ASB grant process.
What is the deadline for submitting the application?
To be considered, an original application along with 16 copies (back to back) must be submitted to the Foundation Office by 12:00pm Friday, March 8, 2019. No late submissions will be accepted.
What criteria will be used?
The criteria that the grants committee will use when considering each application include:
- College Mission – Is the project consistent with the college mission?
- Need – Why is this project needed? To what degree will the project serve the LBCC population?
- Impact – Will the project be viewed as a meaningful expenditure of Foundations funds? Does the project promote and enhance the reputation of the college in the broader community?
- Innovation – Will the project encourage new, imaginative, creative, exciting ideas?
- Leverage – Will the project be leveraged by additional funds from a different source?
- Project Schedule – Can the activities included in the project realistically be completed?
- Budget Detail – Are the expenditures realistic and an appropriate use of Foundation funds?
Who will evaluate the applications?
A special committee consisting of members of the Foundation Board of Governors will evaluate, rank and recommend to the Foundation Executive Committee the projects to be funded. The Foundation Executive Committee will review those projects to assure they encompass the mission of the college. The number of projects funded is dependent on available funds as well as the quality of the projects submitted.
When will the funds be available?
Funds will be made available between the dates of July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020. All projects must be completed and expensed during this timeframe. Funds will be released based on the project schedule and cannot be spent on any item not included in the budget. Detailed invoices must be submitted before any funds will be disbursed based on Foundation accounting principles and auditing requirements.