Apply for a Foundation Grant to support the college community
The Long Beach City College Foundation exists for the purpose of providing financial support to students, faculty, and staff. The Foundation grant program is one major way that support is provided. Several grants, each in an amount up to $1000.00 are awarded annually to support projects based on need, impact, and innovation. Special consideration is given to projects that include matching funds.
If you have any questions, please contact Lois Schneider in the Foundation Office.
Who is eligible to apply for a Foundation grant?
Any Long Beach City College faculty member, staff member, administrator or combination of these groups may apply. If a grant was received last year, an evaluation of that project must be submitted with the current application in order for a current submission to be considered. In order to assist as many areas of the college as possible, multiple submissions from one area are discouraged. A collaborative project within each department/area is encouraged.
What is the deadline for submitting the application?
To be considered, an original application along with 16 copies (back to back) must be submitted to the Foundation Office by 12:00 pm on Friday, March 9, 2018. No late submissions will be accepted.
What criteria will be used?
The criteria that the grants committee will use when considering each application include:
- College Mission – Is the project consistent with the college mission?
- Need – Why is this project needed? To what degree will the project serve the LBCC population?
- Impact – Will the project be viewed as a meaningful expenditure of Foundations funds? Does the project promote and enhance the reputation of the college in the broader community?
- Innovation – Will the project encourage new, imaginative, creative, exciting ideas?
- Leverage – Will the project be leveraged by additional funds from a different source?
- Project Schedule – Can the activities included in the project realistically be completed?
- Budget Detail – Are the expenditures realistic and an appropriate use of Foundation funds?
Who will evaluate the applications?
A special committee consisting of members of the Foundation Board of Governors will evaluate, rank and recommend to the Foundation Executive Committee the projects to be funded. The Foundation Executive Committee will review those projects to assure they encompass the mission of the college. The number of projects funded is dependent on available funds as well as the quality of the projects submitted. The Foundation Executive Committee will authorize the college President to announce the grant recipients.
When will the funds be available?
Funds will be made available between the dates of July 1, 2018, and June 30, 2019. All projects must be completed and expensed during this timeframe. Funds will be released based on the project schedule and cannot be spent on anything not included in the budget. Detailed invoices must be submitted before any funds will be disbursed based on Foundation accounting principles and auditing requirements.