Strengthen your foundational skills
- prep for college-level classes without cost?
- explore LBCC resources & acclimate to the environment on your own schedule?
- get caring, knowledgeable advice?
- add a certificate to your resume?
Students jumpstarting their education want a low-cost, flexible way to explore their options in a friendly environment with the help of knowledgeable instructors. In these free non-credit, self-paced courses, you’ll work with instructors to identify and brush up on the specific areas you need to give you confidence for the college road ahead.
What is the Foundational Skills Program?
- 2 free, non-credit courses will not use up your financial aid
- Non-graded, so you can prepare for college without worrying about grades
- Online, in-person & hybrid class options
- Strengthen mathematics, reading, writing, and grammar skills for college classes
- Explore & acclimate to the college environment while you prepare for more challenging work
- Completing both courses and earn a Certificate of Competency, Foundational Skills