Innovation Fund SoCal
Seeding Innovation: Fostering Entrepreneurship
Long Beach City College’s Innovation Fund SoCal is stimulating regional entrepreneurial activity, wealth creation, and social prosperity by funding and mentoring entrepreneurs launching innovation-led startups with high-growth potential.
Innovation Fund SoCal’s funding is ideal for entrepreneurs who are:
- First-time founders or relatively inexperienced
- Receptive to coaching
- Building their management experience and assembling a management team
- Incorporating in the LA Basin and committed to staying here for at least six years
- Developing or using proprietary, patentable, or patented intellectual property, technology, or trade secrets with the potential to disrupt industries of at least $100 million per year
- Capable of generating $20 to $50 million in revenues within five to 10 years
- Committed to participating in and providing educational experiences and employment opportunities to students and LA Basin residents
Innovation Fund SoCal uses a rigorous process to evaluate applications and conduct due diligence. All applicants begin by engaging with the Long Beach City College Entrepreneur in Residence. If you are interested in applying, please contact us to request a pre-application discussion about your startup.