LBUSD Cloud Computing Pathway
Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources over the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing.
Instead of buying, owning, and maintaining physical data centers and servers, you can access technology services, such as computing power, storage, and databases, on an as-needed basis from a cloud provider like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The Cloud Computing pathway prepares students to establish virtual private networks, managing databases, and storage within a secure online environment.
Benefits of Cloud Computing
Industry certifications are embedded to prepare students for occupations in:
- Cloud Architect
- Cloud Support Associate
- Cloud Engineer or Cloud Technicians
- Participate in LBCC classes from grades 10 – 12.
- Receive the LBCC Certificate of Achievement, for free!
- Prepare for the cost-free AWS Certificate Exam
Who Can Apply?
Current LBUSD HS 10th grade students, only.
Students must be willing to commit to:
- Registering for 1 LBCC Cloud Computing Certificate course, each Fall & Spring term.
- Participate from the Spring term of 10th grade until the Spring term of 12th grade.
|Spring 2021||COSN 10: Networking Fundamentals||Grade 10|
|COSN 250: Cloud Computing in Amazon Web Services
COSN 251: Database Essentials in Amazon Web Services
|COSN 252: App Development in Amazon Web Services
COSN 253: Security in Amazon Web Services
Steps to Apply
Step 1: Complete Admissions Application
- Review LBCC Admissions Application Handout
- Create a CCC Apply Account by clicking “Create an Account”. Your CCC APPLY ID will be comprised of letters and numbers (LBC1234) and sent to you by email after creating your account.
- Log into the [LBCC Application] with your CCC Apply login information and complete a campus application.
- Your LBCC VIKING ID is a seven-digit number (1234567) and will be sent within 24-48 hours, via email, after completing an application.
Step 2: Email and Submit LBCC Dual Enrollment Form and upload it.
- Submit dual enrollment form with all required Student, Parent/Guardian, and HS Counselor signature
- Be sure to download the dual enrollment form and “SAVE AS” under a different name. Sometimes, the forms can upload blank.