Online Teaching Certification & Waivers
Online instructors are strongly encouraged to enroll in our Online Faculty Learning & Development course, which has lots of helpful information to get you started.
LBCC Online Teaching Certification & Waivers
If you are a faculty member that has been assigned or would like to be assigned a Distance Learning (Hybrid or Fully Online) Course at LBCC then you are required to have completed our Online Teaching Certification by completing two component 1) Online Teaching Pedagogy Certification and 2) Canvas LMS certification. These two combined make up our LBCC Online Teaching Certification.
1) LBCC Online Teaching Pedagogy Certification
- LBCC Teach Online Seminar 3.0 (TOS 3.0) – A self-paced training course on online teaching pedagogy.
- – Steps on how to self-enroll into our Teach Online Seminar 3.0
2) LBCC Canvas LMS Certification
- LBCC Introduction to Teaching with Canvas - A self-paced training course for LBCC Canvas. Requires login to the Viking Portal.
- Note: As of March 1, 2022 this course has replaced “Growing with Canvas”. If you have already completed “Growing with Canvas” then you meet the Canvas LMS certification and do not have to complete this new course.
- For more Canvas Resources and step by step guides.
Certification Waivers: If you have completed Online Teaching Certification and/or Canvas LMS Certification at another institution you may complete our Online Teaching and Canvas Certification Waivers (online submission).
Online Teaching Certification Deadlines
Faculty who are assigned or would like to be assigned a fully online or hybrid course, they are required to be Online Teaching Certified. Below are the deadlines to complete certification base on semester of assignment:
- Nov 1st, 2021 – Winter 2022 & Spring 2022
- April 1st, 2022 – Summer 2022 & Fall 2022
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
- For more details about our LBCC Online Teaching Certification please view our FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
LBCC Online Teaching Resources & Guides
- - LBCC guide & steps to importing our homepage template into your course.
- LBCC Canvas Course Template (for Beginners) – Instructions on how to import template into your course
- Syllabus Statements for Online Learning & Student Services
- Site: LBCC Online Faculty Resources – Tools and resources for online teachers.
- Site: Online Faculty Learning & Development - Central hub for online teaching training needs at LBCC (enroll to access)
Tableau Dashboards (for Deans & Dept Heads)
- Online Teaching Certification Tracker – Tableau Dashboard
- Canvas Utilization Tracker – Tableau Dashboard Tracking Canvas Usage
Questions or Support
For questions or support on our LBCC Online Teaching Certification process contact:
- Michael Robertson, Online Education Faculty Coordinator
- Hussam Kashou, Assoc. Dean, Online Learning & Educational Technology