Class Scheduling & PeopleSoft
The academic scheduling area is responsible for the production process that creates the schedule of classes, which includes room reservations, faculty workload, and class configuration. The process is coordinated each term, generally including two draft schedule runs distributed to departments for editing. Technical assistance is provided to college colleagues related to meeting patterns, class coding, workload, and the use of PeopleSoft. The schedule of classes is reviewed for quality control for legal requirements, college policy, and collective bargaining provisions.
- Consult with the appropriate school dean, department head, or Academic Administrative Assistant.
- A schedule change must be submitted to the Office of Academic Services with the signatures of the school dean, department head, or Academic Administrative Assistant.
To Reserve a Classroom
- For a classroom change or request, first consult with the appropriate, school dean, department head, or Academic Administrative Assistant.
- If you need a classroom or want to check the times that a particular classroom is available, you can use the PeopleSoft function of “Search for a Facility” or “Class Facility Usage” from the Web.
- If you need a classroom or facility space other than instructional programs, student clubs, or organizations affiliated with Long Beach City College, please contact Hurticine Chukwudire at 938-4019. You will need to complete an Application for Use of College Facilities.