The Board of Trustees will be undertaking a nationwide search for a new Superintendent-President, per BP 2020 on Superintendent-President Selection: The Board shall establish a search process to fill the vacancy. The process shall be fair and open and comply with relevant regulations.
At the January 27, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting, the Board selected PPL, Inc. as the search firm assisting the Board with the recruitment process.
It is the Board of Trustees’ intent to create a Search Committee that allows for representation from various internal constituent groups, community members, and local partners while maintaining balance and diversity in order to conduct a fair and impartial search process.
In that regard, the Board of Trustees has identified the following 19 representatives for the Search Committee:
- Academic Senate – 2 Representatives appointed by the Academic Senate President
- Full-time Faculty (LBCCFA) – 1 Representative appointed by the LBCCFA President
- Adjunct Faculty (CHI) – 1 Representative appointed by the CHI President
- Classified Employees (AFT) – 1 Representative appointed by the AFT President
- Classified Senate – 1 Representative appointed by the Classified Senate President
- Students – 2 Representatives (1 Representative shall be the Student Trustee and 1 Representative shall be appointed by the ASB President)
- Management Team – 3 Representatives appointed by the Board of Trustees (one of which will serve as the Chair of the Search Committee)
- Confidential Employees – 1 Representative appointed by the Board of Trustees
- LBCC Foundation – 1 Representative appointed by the LBCC Foundation
- Community Member (non-employee) representing District #1 – 1 Representative appointed by Trustee Uduak-Joe Ntuk
- Community Member (non-employee) representing District #2 – 1 Representative appointed by Trustee Vivian Malauulu
- Community Member (non-employee) representing District #3 – 1 Representative appointed by Trustee Sunny Zia
- Community Member (non-employee) representing District #4 – 1 Representative appointed by Trustee Herlinda Chico
- Community Member (non-employee) representing District #5 – 1 Representative appointed by Trustee Dr. Virginia Baxter
- Equal Employment Opportunity – 1 Representative appointed by the Vice President, Human Resources (non-voting member)
Upon approval of the Search Committee composition as detailed above, the various groups will be notified requesting that each group provide the Board of Trustees Committee with a prioritized list identifying recommended names within 10 days. It is the Board’s intent to allow the various groups to pick their own representatives on the Search Committee, but the Board reserves the right to make some adjustments in the interest of representativeness, diversity, and balance.
The Board of Trustees requires that all representatives appointed attend all meetings of the Search Committee; therefore, it will be imperative that the representatives recommended providing the utmost flexibility with their calendars throughout the recruitment process. There can be no substitution once the hiring committee holds its first meeting.