Please adhere to the following guidelines when submitting written works for review. Entries that do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
- Entrants must have been enrolled in one of the following LBCC Creative Writing Courses during the academic year of the award: ENGL 26, ENGL 50A-D, ENGL 51A-D, ENGL 52A-D, or ENGL 627.
- Writing submitted to the competition must have been produced to fulfill requirements in one of the above-listed courses and must have been completed during the current academic year.
- All submissions are electronic and must be sent via the following link:
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- All submissions must be submitted before the deadline. Admissions received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Entrants may submit in one genre only. Past winners in a given genre are ineligible in that genre.
- Winners will be announced in May. Judges’ decisions are final. No manuscripts will be returned. If a manuscript does not meet the award criteria in a given year, no award will be granted.
Submit one story or, from a novel, a single chapter or scene that stands alone (i.e. operates as a discreet piece of writing). Maximum length is 15 pages. Manuscripts must be neatly formatted with 12-point type, double spaced, and must have standard margins. Short title and page numbers must appear as headers in the top right of each page. Entries are judged anonymously. Your name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
Submit up to 10 poems, not exceeding 10 pages in total manuscript length. Manuscripts must be neatly formatted, single-spaced with attractive margins. The title of the poem should appear above each poem. Entries are judged anonymously. Your name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript.