Providing testing accountability for students
The LAR Department currently offers proctoring service for LBCC courses and instructors only. In the Multidisciplinary Success Center facilities at both campuses, a supervised testing site is available for the following:
- Current Long Beach City College students who have their instructor’s authorization to take a make-up exam. Makeup exams are not guaranteed, but a courtesy service provided to faculty if space and time allow.
Proctored exams can be scheduled during regular business hours. Make sure your instructor files a with the department at least 24 hours prior to the requested testing date. Bring a current LBCC student identification or a government-issued photo identification card to your appointment. Note that we may not be able to proctor exams in some circumstances—at the department’s discretion.
The LAR Department at LBCC will:
- Check all identification to verify the identity of the candidate taking an exam.
- Monitor the candidate for the duration of the test to prevent irregularities.
- Include an irregularity report together with the test if an irregularity has occurred.
- Keep the test in a secure location.