Writing & Reading Tutoring
Tutoring is available for writing assignments, reading assignments, and research projects. You do not need to be enrolled in English or Reading to receive tutoring.
- Drop-in tutoring is available in 15-minute sessions. Additional drop-in sessions are available the same day as long as one hour has elapsed between sessions.
- Scheduled tutoring appointments are available in 30-minute sessions. Students should bring their assignment and all related course materials to the session.
Note: Tutoring staff will wait 5 minutes for late-arriving students. After 5 minutes, the session will be offered to another student or canceled. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Writing & Reading Success Center.
If you wish to meet with a writing or reading tutor online, follow these simple instructions.
- Call the LAC Writing & Reading Success Center at (562) 938-4520, and make an appointment to meet with a tutor online.
- Sign into Skype and search for the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our nickname, “English Tutor,” will pop up. Add us to your Skype contacts.
- Email your assignment and any additional information to email@example.com. Make sure to include your name, course, date, and time of the appointment in the subject line of your email.
- At the time of your appointment, log into Skype and start a video call with the the “English Tutor” contact. If you do not get an answer, try again in a few minutes or call the Writing & Reading Success Center.
- Once you are finished with the tutoring session, an email will be sent to your instructor to confirm the completion of the tutoring session.
Online Tutoring Hours
|Monday – Thursday||9:00 am – 6:30 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am – 1:30 pm|
|Saturday||10:30 am – 1:30 pm|