Commercial Truck Driver Orientation
Are you interested in a career as a Commercial Truck Driver moving containerized cargo through our international ports? Then join us at our upcoming orientations and learn more about our 12-week training program. We have scheduled several orientations in October and November and would love to see you there!
|Thursday, October 5||2:00 pm|
|Tuesday, October 17||2:00 pm|
|Friday, November 3||9:00 am|
|Monday, November 13||2:00 pm|
Here’s what you need to know to get started:
ATTEND THE MANDATORY ORIENTATION
This 1-hour presentation will introduce you to the world of short-haul truck driving, explain each component of our driver training program, and help you navigate the various eligibility requirements associated with completing this course.
MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To enroll in the training program, candidates must meet certain licensing requirements as set forth by the State of California and the Department of Homeland Security, as well as comply with the intake requirements for this program. These basic requirements include:
- Must be at least 23 years old.
- Must pass the intake interview.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must hold a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to present a clean 10-year driver history report (H6).
- Must be physically able to attain a CDL (49CFR 391.41).
- Must be able to pass a security background check.
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol test.
Please note that priority consideration will be given to US Veterans.
Orientations will be held on the Liberal Arts Campus in Building O-2 located at 4900 E. Conant Street., Long Beach, CA 90808. Please feel free to contact our office at (562) 938-3248 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.