Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees governs the Long Beach Community College District and consists of five elected members, each representing one of the five trustee areas of the district. Voters in each of the areas elect the trustee to a four-year term.
Board of Trustees Goals
Strategic Goal I: Innovate to Achieve Equitable Success
- Continue supporting & monitoring the implementation of the 2016-2022 Strategic Plan.
- Monitor implementation of the Enrollment Management Plan.
Strategic Goal II: Accelerate College Readiness and Close Equity Gaps
- Monitor strategies for improving college readiness and success of students for people of color, women, LGBTQ, veterans, disabled, and other historically disadvantaged communities.
Strategic Goal III: Build Community
- Improve Board governance by creating a well-functioning Board unit and adhering to principles of effective Boardsmanship.
Strategic IV: Invest in People and Support Structures for Transformation
- Support strategies that ensure the long-term fiscal health of the college and the district and devise strategies that improve access and affordability for all students.
- Develop a strong relationship that ensures the success of the Superintendent-President, the Board, and the College.
LBCC District Board of Trustees meetings will occur the 2nd or 4th Wednesday of each month and are subject to change. Meetings are broadcasted through livestream and daily on Channel 15 Long Beach.
Closed session begins at 4:30 pm. The Open session begins at 5:30 pm in T-1100 unless specified on the meeting schedule.
Please note: The livestream will only be active during the regularly scheduled board meeting. A captioned version of the Board of Trustees meeting will be available on the Long Beach City College YouTube Channel and BoardDocs within 72 hours of the livestream broadcast.