Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees governs the Long Beach Community College District and consists of five elected members, each representing one of the five trustee areas of the district. Voters in each of the areas elect the trustee to a four-year term.
Long Beach Community College Board of Trustees Goals
Strategic Goal 1: Innovate to Achieve Equitable Success
- Update and monitor the District’s Strategic Plan to ensure equitable student success.
- Monitor the implementation of the Enrollment Management Plan.
- Oversee the recovery from the disruptions caused by the ongoing pandemic.
- Monitor new federal and state legislation to ensure District compliance.
Strategic Goal 2: Accelerate College Readiness and Close Equity Gaps
- Monitor strategies for improving college and career readiness and success of the District’s diverse student population, including but not limited to, students of color, women, LGBTQ, veterans, disabled students, and disadvantaged and hard to reach communities.
- Support measures that address barriers to educational success, including housing and food insecurity.
Strategic Goal 3: Build Community
- Improve Board governance by maintaining a well-functioning Board, and adhering to principles of effective Boardsmanship.
- Cooperate and improve Board performance.
Strategic Goal 4: Invest in People and Support Structures for Transformation
- Support strategies that ensure the long-term fiscal health of the district, including strategies that improve access and affordability for all students.
- Develop strong relationships that ensure the success of the Superintendent-President, the Board, and the District.
Board approved 4-28-21
LBCC District Board of Trustees meetings will occur the 2nd or 4th Wednesday of each month and are subject to change. Meetings are broadcasted through livestream and daily on Channel 15 Long Beach.
Closed session begins at 4:30 pm. The Open session begins at 5:30 pm in T-1100 unless specified on the meeting schedule.
Please note: The livestream will only be active during the regularly scheduled board meeting. A captioned version of the Board of Trustees meeting will be available on the Long Beach City College YouTube Channel and BoardDocs within 72 hours of the livestream broadcast.