Admissions & Records
LBCC Campuses are closed to students and members of the public and Student Services are not conducting business in-person until further notice. Please visit the LBCC Coronavirus COVID-19 website for alternative means of service.
If you looking for a specific person or area of campus, you can access the Phone Directory through the phone icon at the top of the page or the link in the footer.
Submitting a Form: Please refer to the Admissions and Records Form page. Some forms require you to submit documentation through a link whereas others may be submitted directly to email@example.com. Please refer to the instructions on the form.
Ordering Transcripts: Transcripts can be ordered online: https://www.credentials-inc.com/tplus/?ALUMTRO001219
Sending your College Transcript to LBCC: If you are interested in sending an official transcript to Long Beach City College, please select the electronic delivery option (if available) this will ensure we are able to receive your transcript during the campus closure.
Admissions Applications: During this closure, Admissions Applications will still be processed. After you have submitted your application, please allow 48 hours to receive an email with your campus ID and further instructions.
Changing your Grading Option to Pass/No Pass
Pass/No Pass. There are 2 ways to change the grading option for your class to Pass/No Pass up until May 27, 2020.
- Class is found in your Viking Portal. In your Viking Portal, click on the “Manage Classes” tile. On the left-hand side, click on “Update Grading Basis,” classes that are available to be updated electronically will be listed there. If you do not see your class listed there, proceed to option B.
- If the class is not found in your Viking Portal, you may turn in a form. The Pass/No Pass form requires you to consult with a counselor before turning in the form. This consultation is to help ensure that changing the grading option to Pass/No Pass is the appropriate choice to support your academic progress. After your counselor consultation, a counselor can support the submission of the approved Pass/No Pass form to Admissions and Records or you may submit the approved form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdrawal or Excused Withdrawal
You may withdraw ‘W’ from your course(s) in your Viking Portal up until May 27, 2020. Due to the impact of Covid-19, the ‘W’ grade will be changed to an Excused Withdraw ‘EW’ grade at the end of the spring semester. If you are not using the California Promise Grant or Financial Aid, you will automatically be approved and issued a refund.
- How will this impact Financial Aid? Due to changes from the Federal government for this spring 2020 semester only, this will not impact you. It will not trigger a repayment or negatively impact your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- How will this impact my academic records? The ‘EW’ does not count towards academic progress probation and does not count as a repeated class.
Dropping without a Withdrawal or Excused Withdrawal
If you are not using the California Promise Grant or Financial Aid, you may request a refund of your enrollment fees. The form can be found in the forms section of the Admissions and Records website. The form does not require additional documentation for the Spring 2020 semester.
Let Us Help Catch You Before You Drop
It’s true that online classes can be a difficult adjustment, especially when it wasn’t expected. But LBCC wants to remind you that we are here to help. If you are thinking about dropping a class, please consider that doing so can affect your entire educational plan. So, before you drop consider utilizing these options first:
- Contact your Instructor for their suggestions.
- Use our online tutoring services. You can email the Writing & Reading Center at email@example.com and put “tutoring” in the subject line. The Math Success Center is hosting online tutoring and will begin offering private online tutoring with Net-Tutor by the end of this week. Visit www.lbcc.edu/tutoring for a schedule of Science tutoring activities. Email to make a tutoring appointment for a science class at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk with a LBCC academic counselor.
LBCC Counselors will be available via remote access throughout Spring Break next week. Take advantage of this time that you won’t be meeting online with your classes to work with an academic counselor online. You may also email fcounter-lac@LBCC.edu for assistance.