Framework for Reconciliation
Student Listening Session
The Listening Sessions will allow LBCC students to discuss in an open and honest forum their individual and shared experiences with racism at the interpersonal, cultural, and systemic levels within LBCC. Additional Listening Sessions for faculty and staff are also being held.
Each Listening Session will include dialogues for racial affinity
groups (groups organized around
a racial identity shared by all participants) and will be offered in:
- Bi/Multiracial (Note: this group is for people who are biologically connected to more than one racial group)
- Black/African American
- Pacific Islander/Asian/Desi
- Share meaningful experiences with racism and racial justice within the LBCC community
- Build connections with others who share a racial identity
- Practice building an intentional culture where discussion and reflection of racial identities, racism, and racial justice occur routinely and honestly
To RSVP for the event, please sign up using our form.
If you require Sign language interpreting services or Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services , please contact the event contact person and Stephanie Bonales at least 72 hours prior to the event at (562) 938-4918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FACULTY AND STAFF
If you require Sign language interpreting services, please contact the event contact person and Rebecca Lucas at email@example.com at least 5 business days prior to the event.
If you require Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services, please contact the event contact person and Jaymee Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 business days prior to the event. *Please note requests are based on provider availability*