Framework for Reconciliation
Student Listening Session
The Listening Sessions will allow LBCC students to discuss in an open and honest forum their individual and shared experiences with racism at the interpersonal, cultural, and systemic levels within LBCC. Additional Listening Sessions for faculty and staff are also being held.
Each Listening Session will include dialogues for racial affinity
groups (groups organized around
a racial identity shared by all participants) and will be offered in:
- Bi/Multiracial (Note: this group is for people who are biologically connected to more than one racial group)
- Black/African American
- Pacific Islander/Asian/Desi
- Share meaningful experiences with racism and racial justice within the LBCC community
- Build connections with others who share a racial identity
- Practice building an intentional culture where discussion and reflection of racial identities, racism, and racial justice occur routinely and honestly
To RSVP for the event, please sign up using our form.
Please note for Accommodations: At least 72 hours prior to the event, (562) 938-4558 (voice), (562) 353-4217 (videophone), & email@example.com // Sign Language Interpreting, please contact Stephanie Bonales at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 938-4918.
Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) services, 5 business days prior to the event, please contact HR Analyst: Jaymee Hunt 562-938-4547 | email@example.com or Sonia Leticia Vélez 562.938.4323 | firstname.lastname@example.org. *requests are based on provider availability*