Update to our District-Wide Return to Campus Plan
As we continue to transition back to campus, our return to campus date remains August 30, 2021.
- For the first week of class, the week of August 30th, we request that all managers are onsite all five days that week, to assist with and support the start of the semester. Accordingly, managers can transition to working three days a week on-campus schedule the week of September 7.
- Classified staff will return on-campus for a minimum of two days a week by August 30, 2021.
Classified employees and managers should work with their supervisors to ensure all schedules support District operations and departmental needs.
Please note, to properly support operations and support students, some positions and individuals may be required to return to work more than two, or three, days a week as necessary to support the return to campus. These individuals will be notified separately.
Please remember that starting Fall Semester 2021, on August 30, 2021, all employees who will be on campus must either be fully vaccinated or participate in weekly testing. This means that as of August 30, employees must have submitted their complete vaccine information, or must begin participating in weekly testing that week. For additional information on this topic, please visit our Return to Campus webpage at www.LBCC.edu/return-campus. This new website has additional information relating to vaccines, testing, and returning to campus.
Please follow this process to submit your vaccine information:
- Go to your Viking Portal
- Click on the Tile, entitled “HR Employee System”
- Click on the Tile, entitled “Immunizations”
- Select the vaccine type you received in the drop-down menu, as reflected on your vaccine record
- Select the dates you received the vaccine, as reflected on your vaccine record
- Click on the button “Save”
- Click on the button “Add Attachment”
- Upload your vaccine record. This can be the record itself or you can upload a picture of your vaccine record.
- Click on the button “Submit”
Below, please note some additional information and logistics around the August 30 return to work date:
- It is recommended that you visit your on-campus work site prior to your return date in early August to ensure all of your technology and systems are working properly. If you find anything is not working properly, please work with your supervisor to reach out to IITS or the appropriate support area, so that all systems can be up and running prior to August 30.
- Please schedule this visit through your department so that it can be included in our essential personnel tracking process. Current policy requires that Long Beach City College maintain essential personnel lists and contact tracing is still mandated for all employees regardless of vaccination status.
- Please remember that as we transition back to campus, all COVID-19 safety protocols remain in place. While on campus, masks must be worn both indoors and outdoors. When interacting with others, social distancing must remain in place.
- The College will continue to make available masks and sanitizer. Please work with your department to contact the following individual to request either of these resources: Cheryl Williams, Operations Manager, at email@example.com. The custodial team will continue to participate in enhanced cleaning practices to help ensure a healthy and safe environment for all.
- Finally, the District developed a survey for input from all campus employees, to continue to work together in a collaborative fashion to develop the steps and measures that can be taken to make the return to work as comfortable as possible. Enclosed directly below is the survey link. This should only take 5-10 minutes to fill out. Your input into this process is greatly appreciated.
- Stay home if you are sick with a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, or chills or if you are currently under quarantine or isolation.
- Be considerate and keep your distance (about 2 arms lengths) from others.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer after contact with frequently touched surfaces.