Child Development Permit Specialization
Course requirements for all certificates
For graduation with a Certificate of Accomplishment Area of Specialization Permit, as defined on the State Child Development Matrix for a master teacher:
- Complete one of the specialization areas with a minimum grade of “C” in each course.
- Complete 24 units in Early Childhood Education, including CDECE 45 or 47, and CDECE 48, in addition to the six, required in the area of specialization (for a total of 30 ECE credits)
- Fifty percent (50%) or more of the six units required for the specialization must be completed in residence (credit earned by exam, where applicable, may be included) at LBCC.
- Complete 16 general education units
- Complete 2 units of Adult Supervision.