Donald Drury Award Rules
Award and submission guidelines
Please adhere to the following guidelines when submitting written works for review. Entries that do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
- Entrants must have been enrolled in one of the following LBCC Creative Writing courses during the academic year of the award: 26, 50A-D, 51A-D, 52A-D, or 627.
- Writing submitted to the competition must have been produced to fulfill requirements in one of the aforementioned courses and must have been completed during the current academic year.
- All submissions must be sent via………………………….
- All manuscript entries must be formatted as a Microsoft Word document.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m. PST, Friday, April 20, 2018.
- Entrants may submit in one genre only. Past winners in a given genre are ineligible in that genre.
- Winners will be announced in mid-May on this webpage.
- Judges’ decisions are final. If no manuscript meets award criteria in a given year, no award will be granted that year.
Submit one story OR, from a novel, a single chapter or scene that stands alone (i.e. operates as a discrete piece of writing). Maximum length is 15 pages. Manuscripts must be neatly formatted with 12-point type, double-spaced, and must have standard margins. Short title and page numbers must appear as headers in the top right of each page. Entries are judged anonymously. Your name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
Submit up to 10 poems, not exceeding 10 pages in total manuscript length. Manuscripts must be neatly formatted, single-spaced with attractive margins. The title of the poem should appear above each poem. Entries are judged anonymously. Your name should not appear anywhere on the manuscript.