CDC/Lab School Observations
Observation Rooms with one-way mirrors in Rooms 1, 2, and 3 at LAC are for adult use only. Other college students also use Observation Rooms as they fulfill class assignments. Please do not use the Observation Rooms to visit with other parents. Observation appointments are limited; please call in advance.
The Computer Observation Lab at PCC is open all day and is for adult use only. Visitors must sign in at the desk, show photo identification and receive a name tag upon arrival.
Appointments are recommended.
You can schedule an observation appointment at either the LAC or PCC Child Development Centers, please login with your Student ID and birthdate.
- When you arrive, please sign in with the office staff at the front desk or through the TutorTrac computer, if available.
- You must have a valid LBCC student ID or CDL card with you.
- You must also have proof of enrollment in CDLL 603, Child Development Center Participation or enroll online prior to starting your observation appointment.
- One-time Observations. Sign in via Tutor Track by following the instructions posted on the computer using your student ID number. You must also show your student ID to the staff member at the front desk. If Tutor Track is unavailable, sign in the Observation Book under the One-Day Observations section. Neatly print your name, student ID, 5-digit section number of the class you are performing the observation for, and check-in time. Return to the front desk when you’ve finished your observation to sign out. If you do not sign out, you will not receive credit.
While in the lab/classroom:
- Do not talk with other students, Child Care Assistants, parents or interact with the children (unless you are a Practicum or CDLL Field Work student)
- Remain inconspicuous; sit down whenever possible; avoid standing.
- Place yourself away from other observing students.
- No drinks, water, food, or smoking on the premises.
- Clothing should be comfortable and modest (no short-shorts, bare midriffs, low necklines, etc.).
- Photographs may be taken of children whose parents/guardians have granted permission. Please check with someone in Administration or the Teacher if you plan on photographing children. Please note that you may NOT post photos/videos of Child Development Center Lab School children on social networking sites (such as, but not limited to, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube…) and websites
- Mobile phones are not allowed. And talking or texting is not permitted.
Store ALL of your belongings in your car trunk or student locker (provided @ PCC only – you must bring your own lock and key). Only a notepad and pen may be taken into the classroom.
Weekly Lab Assignments – 66 Lab and Practicum Students
Please, sign-in under the 66 LAB or 68 Practicum tab. Please print your name, student ID number, and class section number. Pull your CDECE 66 or CDECE 68 card from the box and the front office staff will sign you in and out when you leave. Remember to re-file your card before leaving.
- You must wear your ID while observing in the Center. An ID holder will be provided for observing students by the person who checks you in. Please return it to the front desk when your observation ends.