Childcare & Preschool Services
Program & eligibility requirements
General Child CAre Services
Eligibility shall be established by one of the following:
- The family is income eligible
- The family is homeless
- Children who are at risk of abuse, neglect, or receiving Child Protective Services have first priority.
Need shall be established by one of the following:
The parent (including custodial adults and guardians) and any other adult counted in the family size must meet one or more of the following:
- Employment (including court-ordered community service)
- Seeking employment (limited to 60 working days during the fiscal year)
- Vocational training
- Homeless – seeking permanent housing for the family.
- Incapacitated – “Parental incapacity” means that the ability of the child’s parent(s) to provide normal care for the child is significantly limited.
State Preschool Program
Eligibility shall be established by the following:
- Pre-kindergarten children ages three or four (children who will have their 3rd or 4th birthday on or before December 2 of the fiscal year in which they are enrolled in the program)
- The family’s adjusted monthly income can not exceed the income ceilings established by the CA Department of Education at the time of enrollment except for Child Protective Services children.
- First Priority for services shall be given to Child Protective Services children or children at risk.
- After this, priority is given to eligible 4-year-old children with lowest adjustable family income.
- All eligible 4-year-olds shall be enrolled prior to serving eligible 3-year-olds.
DPSS Cash Aid
Families receiving DPSS cash aid are eligible for the program. For non-DPSS cash aid recipients, your family is eligible if your income is within the ranges of the schedule.
|Family Size||Family Monthly Income||Family Yearly Income|