Guidelines for waitlisting students
LBCC uses an auto-enroll from the waitlist process. This process will automatically enroll waitlisted students when a seat becomes available. The auto-enrollment process occurs on a nightly basis and does not notify a student when they are added to the class roster. You will need to check your schedule
daily to see if you have been enrolled from the waitlist.
NOTE: If you are automatically enrolled in a class, there may be additional fees that must be paid by the payment deadline.
Guidelines for Waitlisted Students
You will not be auto-enrolled from the waitlist due to any one of the following factors:
- Current enrollment in a different section of the same course.
- Time conflict between a currently enrolled class and the waitlisted class.
- Co-requisites or prerequisites for the class have not been met.
- Term unit limit is exceeded
- You have repeated a course; This includes courses with a withdrawal (W).
If you are repeating a course, you must complete a and submit it to Admissions & Records. The last day you can add to a waitlist is the Saturday before the start of the class. If you were not automatically enrolled and wish to add a class that you waitlisted, attend the first class meeting and request a permission number from the instructor. If it is an online class, contact the instructor by email on the first day of class to request a permission number.
Reasons why you cannot be added to a waitlist
- Enrollment appointment dates or time have not yet been reached.
- Prerequisites or co-requisites for the class have not been met.
- The number of maximum units to waitlist has been reached.
- Fall and Spring semesters – 12 units
- Summer semester – 8 units
- The class is not available for waitlisting. In this case, consent of the instructor is required.
- You have a hold on your account.
- The last day to waitlist has passed.
- The waitlist is full
- You have already enrolled or are waitlisted in another section of the same class.