What does The Promise include?
Starting in Fall 2019, key features of Promise 2.0 will include:
- Two years tuition-free at LBCC for LBUSD high school graduates who enroll in LBCC the fall immediately following graduation (students should demonstrate successful progress towards a certificate, degree, or transfer each term)
- Access to a leader in trans-Pacific trade through the Port of Long Beach
- A new College-2-Careers program partnering with industry leaders to provide internships, scholarships, and pathways that lead to high-demand jobs.
- Priority registration for participating high schools.
- For LBUSD graduates who enroll in LBCC and are interested in
transferring to CSULB:
- Dual advising through which students receive advisement under a “cohort” model from both LBCC Academic Counselors and CSULB Academic Advisors.
- Access to athletic events, the library, and student clubs/organizations for both LBCC and CSULB.
- Career exploration activities with both LBCC and CSULB.
- To receive these benefits, students must enroll in LBCC the fall immediately following high school graduation.