Find, Learn & Connect
Welcome to the Library
LAC & PCC libraries are open for both in-person and online services. LAC & PCC hours: Mon - Thurs 8 AM to 8 PM to 8 PM. Click for more details.
The LBCC Library is committed to providing information resources and services that support the mission of Long Beach City College. The Library values lifelong learning and supports student success by providing equal access to information in electronic, print, and non-print formats; offering quality instruction through workshops, orientations, and library classes and; fostering relationships with departments and programs to create, curate, and provide resources that address the multi-faceted needs of students with diverse learning styles. The Library is a safe place for students of all socioeconomic backgrounds, race, ethnicity, culture, language and sexual orientation.
Summer Library Hours (In-Person and Online)
Mon –Thur 8 AM – 8 PM.
Mon –Thur 8 AM – 8 PM.
Student Services & Resources
- For research assistance and questions please visit the reference desk or use our Library Chat Service. If you need more in-depth research assistance when using chat and we will set up a Zoom session.
- The Library’s Online Public Catalog, OneSearch, provides simple, one-stop searching for books and e-books, videos, articles, digital media, and more. All print Library resources can be checked out at the circulation desk per the Library’s policy.
- The Library’s online databases contain hundreds of thousands of articles.
- E-book Central College Complete - A collection of over one hundred thousand eBooks.
- Library FAQs: Find answers to commonly asked questions.
- How to Conduct Library Research - A guide on how to conduct research.
- Library Study Guides - A list of all online study guides.
- Library Tutorial Videos - Video tutorials about library services and how to use them.
- Interlibrary Loan will continue to fill requests that can be fulfilled with digital resources.
- Library orientations will take place either in-person or online via ConferZoom in the instructors’ course Canvas shell. Please reach out to Colin Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Faculty can request research orientations by filling out this form.
- Are you a faculty member interested in creating educational resources for your students? Faculty who are interested in locating, adopting or creating OER (Open Educational Resources) should visit the OER Resources page.