Whether in-person or online, research orientations are one hour
and are a great way to introduce students to research strategies,
library resources, and information competency.
Orientations should be requested at least two weeks in advance. This allows our librarians to properly prepare and schedule our classrooms ahead of time.
- Faculty, please fill out the Research Orientation Form.
- Students, after attending an orientation, please complete this Research Orientation Assessment.
Please note, there are three types of orientations are available:
- Introductory – Physical Library Tour (virtual in COVID), Spectrum of Credibility, Find Books, Find Online Academic Resources
- Standard – Descriptive Library Tour, Spectrum of Credibility, Find Books, Find Online Academic Resources
- Intensive – Basics of Library Services, Spectrum of Credibility, Find and Use Books, Find and Use Online Academic Resources
If you have any questions, please reach out to Colin Williams (Bibliographic Instruction Librarian) at email@example.com or (562) 938-4708.