COVID-19 Update: Campus Closed to Public
Both campuses will be closed starting March 17
Dear Campus Community,
This important announcement is regarding access to the Long Beach City College campuses in response to the Coronavirus COVID-19.
- As of tomorrow, Tues., March 17, 2020, Long Beach City College will be closed to the public. Students and members of the public are not allowed to be on the Liberal Arts Campus or the Pacific Coast Campus starting on this date. The anticipated date of return is Mon., April 13, 2020. However, this date may change as this health crisis evolves.
- Here is the list of classes that have moved to temporary remote instruction/online and will continue to operate in this manner. This list will be updated on a regular basis. The start date of the temporary remote instruction/online is still Wed., March 18, 2020 unless your instructor has already moved to remote instruction. LBCC will provide an update regarding classes that cannot move to temporary remote instruction/online.
- LBCC Child Development Centers will be closed starting Tues., March 17, 2020.
- Currently, LBCC is transitioning employees to work remotely. This will be complete by the end of day Fri., March 20, 2020. Most faculty, administration and operational personnel will be working remotely, with some essential personnel to remain on campus. More information to follow.
- As of Tues., March 17, 2020, Academic Support Services (tutoring, Success Centers, and the Library) will be transitioning to a remote/online format. Updates will be posted on the COVID-19 Student website section.
- As of Tues., March 17, 2020, Student Services will be closed for in-person services but will be transitioning essential student services to an online/remote format by the end of this week. More information will be posted on the COVID-19 Student website section soon.
- On Mon., March 23, 2020, only LBCC’s designated essential staff will be reporting to campuses.
- Staff employees that are employed outside of LBCC’s Personnel Commission which includes professional experts, limited-term employees, presenters, volunteers, student interns, and student workers are subject to alternate rules and guidelines. Please check with your supervisor. More information to follow.
Please visit www.LBCC.edu/Coronavirus for the latest information.