when tutoring isn’t available…
- Speak with the front desk assistant. They may be able to refer you to other services that may be available.
- Take advantage of your professor’s office hours. Meet with your professor to ask questions about notes, lectures and other course content material.
- Check out free resources online such as Khan Academy, Brilliant.org, the Education Channel of YouTube, or Google for Education.
- Start your own study group with fellow students in your class.
- Check to see if Supplemental Instruction is available for your class.
- If you are struggling due to test anxiety, difficulty with textbook reading or note taking, check out the resources available in the Student Success Centers.
- Check out these tutoring training tutorials from Tutor Lingo. Topics that may be helpful to you include: Developing Critical Thinking Skills, Learning Theories, and Study Skills.