Apply to be a Supplemental Instruction Leader
The LAR Department is always looking for responsible and dynamic individuals to be a Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader. SI Leaders prepare, develop, facilitate, and manage peer-led group learning sessions for students enrolled in historically difficult courses.
Getting Hired as a Supplemental Instruction Leader
- Complete the subject you wish to be an SI Leader in with a grade of an A or an established history of success in the subject area.
- Prove your status as a full-time student (12 units) if you are an undergraduate attending a community college or university, or be enrolled in at least one class if you are a graduate student or enrolled in a credential program.
- Submit a completed to the Tutorial Program Coordinator.
- Submit a copy of your transcripts indicating completed coursework and grades.
- Have an instructor in the SI discipline you are applying for complete and submit the confidential .
- Be chosen for an interview and selected for the position.
- Be available to work a minimum of 10 hours.
Requirements as a Supplemental Instruction Leader
- Attend a pre-semester training as well as monthly meetings (typically held on Fridays).
- Participate in CRLA Tutor Training Academy.
- Attend the classes to which you are assigned as SI Leader on a regular basis.
SI Leaders are paid according to their experience in the job. SI Leaders are able to work for a maximum of six semesters, subject to semesterly evaluation and review by their supervisor. Please note that an SI Leader can work a maximum of 20 hours per week, subject to departmental budget and availability of hours.