Apply to be a Supplemental Instruction Leader
The LAR Department is always looking for responsible and dynamic individuals to be a Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader. SI Leaders prepare, develop, facilitate, and manage peer-led group learning sessions for students enrolled in historically difficult courses. If you would like to learn more about the SI Leader position, please RSVP to attend the SI Information Orientation meeting scheduled for Tuesday, June 26 at 9:00am in the Tutoring/SI Center (L-203).
Getting Hired as a Supplemental Instruction Leader
- Complete the subject you wish to be an SI Leader in with a grade of an A or an established history of success in the subject area.
- Prove your status as a full-time student (12 units) if you are an undergraduate attending a community college or university, or be enrolled in at least one class if you are a graduate student or enrolled in a credential program.
- Submit a completed to the Tutorial Program Coordinator.
- Submit a copy of your transcripts indicating completed coursework and grades.
- Have an instructor in the SI discipline you are applying for complete and submit the confidential .
- Be chosen for an interview and selected for the position.
- Be available to work a minimum of 10 hours.
Requirements as a Supplemental Instruction Leader
- Attend a pre-semester training as well as monthly meetings (typically held on Fridays).
- Participate in CRLA Tutor Training Academy.
- Attend the classes to which you are assigned as SI Leader on a regular basis.
SI Leaders are paid according to their experience in the job. SI Leaders are able to work for a maximum of six semesters, subject to semesterly evaluation and review by their supervisor. Please note that an SI Leader can work a maximum of 20 hours per week, subject to departmental budget and availability of hours.