Educational Impact-Data Testimonials
Our impact through distilled qualitative & quantitative data
They say pictures speak a thousand words. In some cases, numbers paint a perfect picture. Below we provide a few data points that demonstrate our commitment to, and progress towards, racial equity at LBCC.
- In the last three years, students transferring to a four-year institution increased overall by 16 percent. With the intentional focus of serving historically underserved communities, Latinx student transfers increased by 19 percent.
- In the last five years, the overall number of degrees earned by students increased by 97 percent. With the intentional focus of serving historically underserved communities, the number of Latinx students increased by 125 percent.
- Long Beach City College (LBCC) was named a 2020 Champion of Higher Education for the third time in four years by the Campaign for College Opportunity. The Campaign has honored California Community College ADT achievements at its annual event since 2016.
- In the past 10 years, overall completion of transfer-level Math has increased by 149 percent, with completions by Latinx students increasing by 281 percent.
- In the past 10 years, overall completion of transfer-level English has increased by 330 percent, with completions by Latinx students increasing by 499 percent.
- The proportion of students of color on probation has dropped in the last four years with equity gaps closing by 50 percent for Latinx students.
- In the last year, the equity gap in completion rates between Latinx, White, and Asian students has completely closed.
MSI Scholar Voices
LBCC’s Male Success Initiative is designed to address the unique needs and challenges of men of color. Despite the many challenges posed by a global pandemic and being relegated to virtual learning, our commitment to serving our MOC students was unaverred. Click on the following link to hear some of our inaugural cohort reflect on their experiences.