Honors Program Eligibility
Requirements for high school, current LBCC and transfer students
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.25.
- Must be eligible for English 1.
- Must submit an unofficial copy of current transcripts to the Honors Program.
- Must have recommendations (our online form) from two academic instructors.
Current High School Students
- Admission is based on unweighted GPA.
- Students with an Advanced Placement (AP) test score of 3, 4, or 5 in English Language & Composition or English Literature & Composition will be eligible for English 3 and should apply.
- Students who have completed AP, Honors, or EWP English courses in high school should apply.
- Students who have completed high school honors programs at Long Beach Unified high schools (e.g. Distinguished Scholars, Pace, Quest, Merit Scholars, or University Scholars) should indicate this accomplishment on their applications.
Current LBCC Students
Applicants who are enrolled in their first semester at Long Beach City College should apply – we may admit you provisionally and will check your grades at the end of the semester.