LBCC Viking Student System Upgrade
November 27 - December 2
LBCC is working hard to bring you a better Viking Student System! The Viking Student System (PeopleSoft) will be upgraded over the Thanksgiving break, beginning November 27. Please note that the system will be offline and unavailable while the upgrade is in progress.
How long will the system be down?
- Start: 12:00pm, Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- End: 6:00am, Monday, December 2, 2019
The following will be unavailable while the upgrade is in progress:
- LBCC Viking Student System (PeopleSoft)
- LBCC Online Class Schedule
Please note that Canvas and the library system are not affected by this downtime and will still be available during the upgrade.
What’s coming with this upgrade?
- A better mobile experience, including streamlined registration and payment screens.
- Easier access to information via the new Student Homepage.
What’s going away?
The MY.LBCC page is being retired but its features will still be accessible from the new Student Homepage in the Viking Student System or from www.lbcc.edu. You can login to the Viking Student System from the LBCC Portal.
What should students do before the upgrade?
Print your unofficial transcript if you plan to apply for transfer to the CSU or UC schools next fall. The deadline for submitting CSU and UC transfer applications is Saturday, November 30 and the Viking Student System will not be available. Don’t wait — Get help with your transfer application at the LBCC Transfer Center before the deadline! Go to https://www.lbcc.edu/transfer-center for times and locations.
ATTENTION STUDENTS: If you were not able to print your unofficial transcript prior to noon, Wednesday, November 27, you can submit a request for a copy of your unofficial transcript here.
What steps should you follow if you’re experiencing issues after the upgrade?
- Clear your browser’s cache by following the instructions here.
- Contact the Student Technology Help Desk at (562)938-4250 or email@example.com.